Thursday, April 17, 2008

Giant Beach Ball Suit?

Emersyn is climbing up the slide in our backyard as of today. This is really cool, but very scary too. This is an old school slide with wood steps that can easily be fallen through. There's no problem when I'm close and can catch her, but I freaked when I was 50 yards away and noticed she was four rungs up the ladder. Me sprinting towards her and yelling is probably what made her lose her balance. (Hindsight is always 20/20). But I got there in time to stop a complete fall. "Emer...no climbing when Daddy isn't around!" I can tell by the twinkle in her eyes that she comprehends what I'm saying, yet has no intention of listening. Any chance she gets from now on, probably for the next 5 years, weather or not anyone is around, she is going to be climbing up this slide.

As parents you really do want to protect them from any type of pain or scary stuff. But we can't put them in a giant beach ball suit now can we? I'll just keep praying; I guess.

No comments: