Monday, April 28, 2008

Birthday Cheer

My baby turned 2 today. Everyone says this, BUT IT IS SO TRUE...Life goes by fast, months are like days sometimes. The only thing I can do to try to slow it down is to try really hard to me in the moment. At Emersyn's birthday party yesterday I tried hard to soak up the details and really enjoy the little things. These are things that struck me:
  • Four generations in a room
  • Emersyn subconsciously "guarding" her unopened presents
  • Ashtyn telling me that "Some very special people are here."
  • Colby's wet nose on the screen door
  • "Where Emer's Money Go?"
  • Grandma B's smile
  • Emersyn's birthday dress
  • Emer's cheek dimple...it is truly one of my favorite things in the world to look at!
  • Oma's infectious energy
  • Sarah's peaceful confidence (and growing belly)
  • The joy brought by a "best big sister present"
  • Ground venison that everyone thinks is beef
  • The way GrandMary interacts with the girls
  • The way Ashtyn looks at my Dad
  • "Where's Gammy?"
  • "Feed da fish!"
  • Ashy climbing on Great Grandpa's lap
  • Ashy video taping her sister
  • Two sisters on Aunt Julie's lap

I could go on forever. It was so nice. Finally after 29 years I am learning the power of a moment.

No comments: