Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Silly Parents

I've recently fallen in love with Blogging. No one cares except the people that love me, but that is OK! I've been writing about personal stuff and business stuff up to now.

This Saturday I was playing with my girls while my wife was at a retreat. My 22 month old got very excited and fell head first from a over sized chair in our living room. There was a horrible thud and I was frozen in panic. This was the first time I can remember the feeling of air being sucked out of my lungs. I freaked out and held her tight and called my wife to let her know I was taking her to the ER.

Then a funny thing awoke me from my stupor. The little one laughed. My wife was still on the phone and heard it, I think. I looked down and my 3 1/2 year old is holding Emer's little foot. It must have tickled her quite a bit. She immediately stopped her sobbing. My over attention and panic was probably augmenting her tears.

Anyways, I hung up with my wife after assuring all was well now. My oldest daughter looked up at me and said, "Silly Daddy, Emer is OK, she just fell on her head." We prayed and thanked God for safety, fun, family, and love. And now I get to have fun reflecting on all the silly and crazy stuff about being a parent.

1 comment:

S@rah said...

who assured whom??? :)