Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Old Tree


My daughters are in love with this imaginary character that I've created named The Old Tree.
I don't remember when, where, or how I started telling them these stories in a funny old voice as the old tree. The fact is that now they pretty much prefer spending time with him more than they do with me. It is the funniest thing. They will ask me questions, and if I don't use the right voice, they are all over it. "I was talking to the old tree, daddy". I hear that often.

My wife was out last night and when she got home she asked, "Did you play with the girls...or did the old tree?" I laughed because she was right, daddy was only in the mix about 50% of the time.

To make things even more fun, I have about 10 other "characters" that I do, and they all have different voices. It is hard to keep up, but the girls absolutely love it.

No comments: